I ran my second half marathon today— 13.1 miles in 2 hours 2 minutes 10 seconds. I fucking OWNED my last time (which may have something to do with not running uphill for the first 8 miles).
Now I’m watching hockey and drinking a tiny glass of wine.
And then I’m going to go for an ice cream sundae. Because I’m an adult. An adult who burned 1600+ calories today and is going to earn them back.
How glorious is this?! Upcycling at its finest…
I have a couple bracelets made from the same stuff! yay
The company’s name is Ocean Sole: http://www.ocean-sole.com/
Patrick Stewart’s incredibly personal and powerful story about growing up with an abusive father.
An incredibly evocative, eloquent and moving story. Most definitely worth watching if you have a sturdy heart and a free fifteen minutes.
omg the middle one though
for those not in the know, night witches were russian lady bombers who bombed the shit out of german lines in WW2. Thing is though, they had the oldest, noisiest, crappest planes in the entire world. The engines used to conk out halfway through their missions, so they had to climb out on the wings mid flight to restart the props. the planes were also so noisy that to stop germans from hearing them combing and starting up their anti aircraft guns, they’d climb up to a certain height, coast down to german positions, drop their bombs, restart their engines in midair, and get the fuck out of dodge.
their leader flew over 200 missions and was never captured.
how the fuck is this not taught in every single history class ever
girl pilots (◕‿◕✿)
girl pilots killing nazis ✧･ﾟ: *✧･ﾟ:* \(◕ヮ◕✿)/ *:･ﾟ✧*:･ﾟ✧
Sometimes, you will think to yourself, “Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck! I have so, so much to do, and neither the will nor the energy to do any of it.” At this moment, there are two options:
• Go get back in bed, thus letting others and yourself down, or;
• Harden the fuck up.
As far as I’m concerned,…
DE-STRUCTURE A large crane on Tuesday tore down a roller coaster in Seaside Heights, N.J., that had been in the ocean for six months since superstorm Sandy. (Photo: Mark Wilson / Getty Images via The Wall Street Journal)
Oh. Oh well.
Philadelphia: High school students walk out of class and march to City Hall to protest severe budget cuts and planned school closings, May 9, 2013.
The budget cuts are absolutely horrific. Here are some of the proposed changes:
- Schools with more than 1,000 students would no longer be required to have librarians or librarian assistants.
- Schools would no longer be required to have counselors, and counselors’ caseloads would no longer be capped.
- Teachers could be assigned to unlimited classes outside their subject area, and high school teachers could be assigned an extra class without pay. There would be no limit on amount of consecutive time taught in a school day.
- There would be no limit on class size
- The district would no longer be required to provide copy machines, or “a sufficient number of instructional materials and textbooks.”
- Counselors would no longer be guaranteed to have rooms with privacy and confidentiality, a telephone, a locked filing cabinet and a door.
There’s more here.
notice most of the posters are children of color
I just want you to notice
I’m proud these kids stay marchin
and I’m so mad the city stay not giving fuck
Mr. Morgan appreciation post
I so badly want to make this my picture on LinkedIn with the caption “if this is how pumped I get for lettuce, think about how enthusiastic I must be about marketing”